Wednesday, May 14, 2008

USAIR TALES #1- KCRW - KPHL Hold the cheese please...

Here's how it all began...

Well in the absence of an official screenshot forum, I figure I will take my lead from others to post some pix of my little flight from CRW to PHL in my trusty Dash 8 (PSS).



Always calmest before the dawn... temperature a balmy 42 degrees local... and nothing but frigid passengers ready for the trek to Philly...



Not much longer my copilot, (We'll call him "Fred") and I are nearing cruising altitude, after a lovely takeoff into the pre dawn sky.



First order of business was to get the passengers tipsy... It has been well documented that tipsy passengers are happy passengers. Don't ask me who documented that...



As the Beatles would say "Here comes the sun..." I won't bore you with my singing.



Well we got a few miles yet to go... Figured now was a good time for breakfast... no peanuts on this flight mind you.



Checking 7 o'clock... something about an American Eagle... looks like they are up early too!



Sun's really pushing up now! Ooh I can actually see Chesapeake Bay from here! I imagine the morning traffic has Dulles, Reagan, and BWI all choked up by now...



Well sightseeing is over... time to start heading down to the winter wonderland...



Ahh good old PA... how I have missed you... wait it's only been a day since I signed up with USAir and got reassigned to CLT... nevermind.



Ok time to put in vectors to approach... SPEEZ? Who the heck comes up with these names anyway???



US Air 4480 is 13 miles out... time to get to work... Philly looks quiet today for some reason... only 10 other planes coming in.



Cleared to land... ok time to do this textbook... I better make sure my gear is out... yup 3 green.. ok here we go.



Not too bad... slightly right, but definitely one of my better landings if I must say so myself... time to cue up the cd player for the long ride to the gate. Ooh just in time for my second breakfast... wonder if that Starbucks is open?



Good no traffic... I hate traffic jams...



Needless to say as soon as we started debarking passengers, Fred beat a hasty retreat... I guess he wanted to get to the Starbucks before I did...


Another flight well done... and a calm, winter morning in Philadelphia just waiting for me. Hmm... kinda cold... better bring my jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment